[GRLUG] Building an "OLD" system

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Mon Jul 18 10:54:24 EDT 2011

On 7/18/2011 10:48 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> In resurrecting a project from a few years ago we're running into a
> substantial number of what appear to be C++ & library changes, so the
> simplest way to rebuild it [i.e. a clean compile] may be to build with
> a kernel/system from, say, 2003. Has anyone ever tried this? I know
> public repositories are long gone, .. how would one build a configured
> system (i.e. gc++, tools, libraries)?
>
>     Lee

You'll want the full install from disk. Older ISO disk images should be
available online for most common distros. A little research on your part
will find what version to use for a given date. I'm sure there are
people on the list with either the cd/dvd's or the images as well. I
know I have disks going a long way back lol

Dave