[GRLUG] The Geek Group Has a New Lab

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 14:19:35 EST 2011

Just an observation.  We had 7 at the meet
yesterday.  Given the way the tables were
arranged, there were conversations at both
end of the gathering, and sometimes in the
middle.

No problem, but at some number of people
the conversations break down in to smaller
groups.  Unless you're having a lecture, I
doubt a bigger turnout adds much.  Yes,
people can choose were to sit - to a point -
to join in to a conversation of interest, and
maybe bigger numbers can add in that way.

But if even at 7 people there cab be as many
as 3 conversations - and there were yesterday -
so numbers are not necessarily the measure of
what people get out of the gatherings. Interesting
conversations is, and there seem to be plenty
of those whether there are 3, 7, or, presumably, 20,
present.

    -- Bob