[GRLUG] TV Tuner cards for Linux

Lord Drachenblut lord.drachenblut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:49:23 EST 2011

hdhomerun prime is a card cable of doing recordings via cable card.
you might want to check your provider to see what level of unencrypted
chanels they have in your area.

cheers

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Richard Nienhuis
<richardnienhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/
>
> Intensity shuttle is the minimum I would go for then.  Thats a single
> channel USB3.0 capture system.  It will capture  NTSC, PAL, S-Video, HDMI.
>  Describe the setup and how things are getting encoded.  Like how
> many simultaneous encoding channels, resolution (1080p), framerate etc.
>  Also what the video is provided as, NTSC, HDMI, SDI, etc.
>
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Casey DuBois <grlugcasey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> High end professional options please.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Casey DuBois
>> 616-808-6942
>>
>> On Dec 1, 2011, at 5:47 PM, Richard Nienhuis <richardnienhuis at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> What sort of picture quality do you need?  Hauppauge cards are ok for
>> general use work like security cameras.  Professional video and broadcast
>> usually needs something better.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for TV Tuner Cards with the best drivers for Linux (Ubuntu??)
>>>
>>> Needing to integrate multiple cards with multiple channels.
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>> Recommendations?
>>>
>>> Casey DuBois
>>> 616-808-6942
>>> casey at grlug.org
>>>
>>> --
>>> believed to be clean.
>>

>> --
>> believed to be clean.

>> --
>> believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.

Mettle not in the Ways of dragons for thou art crunchy and taste good
with ketchup