[GRLUG] Bodhi Linux

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:22:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Roger Roelofs <roger.roelofs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been playing with the "Awesome" window manager on my new Arch
> install.  It is a tiling window manager with about 8 different tiling
> schemes to choose from and can be changed per workspace.  I think I
> like it, but I get annoyed when using apps with palettes (like the
> gimp) if I forget to choose the 'freeform' version before I launch the
> app.  Once I get around to attaching apps to workspaces my life should
> be better.  I didn't think I would like a tiling wm, but it is growing
> on me.

Indeed it does.

I just launched htop to check my memory usage under awesome. It has
181MB virtual memory, 25M resident. I suspect that's probably more
than e17's wm, though.

That 64M number sounds like it includes some concept of a typical
applet load. I'm certain it doesn't include user applications; no
current browser will fit in that number, AFAIK. My smallest
chromium-browser process is 15M, but they average around 60M--and I've
got 12 of them.