[GRLUG] G.R. Housing [Was: not a linux question]

Dan Pilcheck pilcheck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:43:33 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Nick Sinclair <dukemarlon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some more excellent feedback. I have a family member trying to push me into
> looking at condo's around GR now. This move will definitely require a lot of
> thought.
>

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Roger Roelofs <roger.roelofs at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for that part of town.
>>
>> I have friends in the Oakview apartments just a mile further away
>> (near Leonard and Diamond).  The rent is extremely reasonable, but the
>> walls are a bit thin, so if you are averse to noise it wouldn't be a
>> good choice.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
>> <awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I live in the Highland Park district which is just north east of
>> > downtown (and the 131 / 196 interection).  Highland Park is north of the
>> > 196 / College Ave exit.  It is very close to downtown but separated from
>> > downtown by the 196 freeway valley and with only College Ave as a
>> > through-way there is very little traffic.  Plus there is a higher than
>> > average amount of green-space.
>> >
>> > There are several apartment complexes in the district
>> >

>> > For residential renting check out rentgr.com
>> > <http://rentgr.homemi.net/SearchListings.aspx>

Don't forget East-Town!
Especially if you like music, women, 'the arts', and cheap drinks!
With having lived on all corners of this city I must say that
the south-east side has treated me well and I feel most at home there.
Highland park was just okay, but that was likely more due to the
draconian College Hill Apts. landlords than the area itself.
Though, if you have family, the north side of town, east or west of
the river, would where I'd look.