[GRLUG] I vote for the warehouse

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Sep 30 09:14:55 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 04:12:19PM -0400, Ben DeMott wrote:
[snip]
> for mainstream usability for end-users.  No hassle get-started immediately
> just works usability.  My non-technical friend had didn't use Linux until
> Ubuntu came along - he just couldn't find his way around easily enough.

So...Ubuntu is a great entry-level OS?

:-)

Actually, I agree.  It is simpler for those new to Linux.  However, it's
as a-CLI ("a-" as in the Greek prefix: amoral, atypical, etc) as I've
seen.  I, for one, hate that.  To plug Linux Mint Debian Edition one
more time, it's what Ubuntu should have been: Debian plus polish for
end-users.  Or to say it another way, it's Debian with a focus on the
desktop (which Debian proper does not have).

[snip]
--
john-thomas
------