[GRLUG] Android PDA

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Mon May 3 22:56:44 EDT 2010

>  Also a comment was made on a recent Buzz Out Loud podcast
>  that one of the things that's slowing down application
>  releases for the Pre is that is difficult to
>  program—despite item 4 above. Does anyone have any
>  information for or against this claim?
>
>  Phil

 From experience, for.

Most system API calls are considered asynchronous - you have to pass a "success" and "failure" callback to get a result.  That part is not fun by any means and a pain to debug.  Program code is heavily structured and in my opinion would be rather difficult for beginners to pick up.  Once you get the hang of it, it's not nearly as scary, but it took me quite a while to get to that point.

And yet I still prefer it to Java.  :)

- Kyle