[GRLUG] SSD OCZSSD2-1VTX96G [Was: Ubuntu, Grub :"No filesystem found: Grub Rescue>"]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jul 14 12:37:55 UTC 2010

> > 2. Is this just a bad hard drive, and  good excuse to try the
> > TigerDirect special that came today for a 96Gb SSD for $169?
> $169?  Yes, it's a good excuse.  :-)

I assume we are talking about
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6373841&csid=ITD&body=QA#tabs>?
Item Number: O261-6315
Model: OCZSSD2-1VTX96G

Tiger easily beats Newegg on price (as usual)
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227568&cm_re=ocz_vertex-_-20-227-568-_-Product>

I've managed to find one related review @
<http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/storage/ocz_vertex_turbo_120gb_solid_state_drive/1>

If someone buys one of these to replace a 'traditional' SATA drive I'd
really appreciate a [good] real-world comparison of battery life impact.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>