[GRLUG] Skype

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:20:33 EST 2010

On 2/16/2010 10:01 PM, Topher wrote:
> I've avoided skype for YEARS because of it's long and heralded tradition
> of spyware and insecurity.  I'm getting more and more pressure from
> people to use it because apparently there's no longer any other way to
> communicate on the internet.
>
> Anyone have any opinions on whether Skype is still evil?  Aside from
> being closed source and therefore immediately suspect.
>
> Topher

There is an option to only receive calls or IM's from ppl in your
contact list.  thats works pretty well unless your trying to use SkypeIn
for a mainline.

I use skype with libpurple and add it to Pidgin.  I now have jabber,
skype, and facebook in one client.  how sweet it is.  I have one fmaily
member that only uses skype, so IM'ing them requires.