[GRLUG] what's the opposite of a KVM?

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:48:09 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:40 PM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:

> Actually, Synergy+ isn't quite what I'm thinking.  I just want a second
> access point to one computer; Synergy+ enables access to multiple
> computers.  I guess it could work if I had a pc at the table and used it
> to connect to my main box.  That would be a lot more hardware than I'm
> hoping for.
> --

You either need to run cables to the ports on the laptop, or you need
a computer of some kind to run remote access software (VNC, RDP,
NoMachine, etc).

Due to the miraculous times we live in, you can substitute various
wireless technologies to replace running cables: bluetooth keyboard
and mouse, and wireless VGA for the monitor. There wouldn't even be a
switch involved as they could be always-connected.

--
  Ben Rousch
  brousch at gmail.com
  http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/