[GRLUG] what's the opposite of a KVM?

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Feb 15 13:37:25 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 01:21:10PM -0500, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a piece of hardware that is kind of like a KVM but more
> > of its opposite.  Whereas a KVM enables one keyboard, monitor, and mouse
> > to control multiple boxes, I want to be able to flip a switch that moves
> > control of my laptop on my desk to a keyboard, monitor, and mouse on my
> > table in my office.  Any ideas?  I've tried googling for this multiple
> > ways but my searches keep ending up with KVMs.
> Synergy+ might satisfy your requirements...  though it's a software
> solution rather than a hardware one.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy%2B
> --tim

Thanks, Tim (and Steve).  This is exactly the concept I'm looking for,
but I'd rather have a simple hardware solution.  There may not be one
(which my fruitless googling may have demonstrated).  I'd prefer to just
flip a switch and move over to my table to finish my work.
The shorter a word, the more meanings it has.
Paul A Delaney, meteorologist

More information about the grlug mailing list