[GRLUG] "network is unreachable"

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 15:12:55 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah yup.  Did that.  Using a hard
> drive, but same deal.
> All's copasetic now.
> My thanks to all for various suggestions.
> Some might have meant more to
> someone more experienced.  I have no
> idea whether I was close before I wimped
> out and just reinstalled network-manager.
> Hey, at least I didn't do a complete reinstall....  :-(
>     -- Bob

I'm experienced enough to have set up my own router and have several
distinct subnets on my network--but I'll still run NetworkManager for
the convenience.

For you, it was either going to be NetworkManager or learn how to set
up /etc/interfaces and work with wpa_supplicant. Even I don't care to
deal directly with wpa_supplicant if I don't have to, and there aren't
that many options if you want to use wifi with WPA or WPA2.

Hm. Speaking of which...I should get around to using RADIUS for my
wifi authentication. There are some subnets I don't want routeable for
the average guest.