[GRLUG] NVIDIA vs. ATI

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 22:49:24 EDT 2010

I'm looking at getting a new laptop shortly and got to wondering:  Is
there any significant difference in driver support between modern NVIDIA
and ATI cards (specifically laptop versions)?

I only have recent experience with getting NVIDIA cards working.  Before
that, I think the last time I had any major driver issues was with a
Matrox card.  I'm used to using older equipment, so I'm a bit lost with
all this confounded newfangled technology stuff.

- Kyle