[GRLUG] VOIP "Dialtone"

Adam Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:46:49 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Most of the companies in the VOIP market (e.g. Vonage, Skype,
>> MagicJack, ..) target home service (i.e. no hunt groups), don't save
>> much (standard business line ~$25/mo), .. much less allow fax service
>> from what I have seen.

In Febuary I picked up a service called Ooma Telo. I have no
complaints. $350 for the hardware and a minimal fee around $17 per
year for taxes. I use it for home and fax. Compaired to Verizon, ROI
is about 7 Months, and you can use your regular phones and port your
old numbers to it.

It sells at Miejers and Best Buy - www.ooma.com.

Asterisk may be the way to save if you need several lines.