[GRLUG] Splashtop

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:17:54 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://splashtop.com/availability.php?cat=1
> Anyone here used a motherboard with
> Splashtop?  If so, what was your experience?
> The notion of getting to the point of being
> able to surf and do e-mail quickly would
> clearly  have a lot of advantages from a
> power consumption standpoint.
>     -- Bob

Haven't encountered Splashtop, but my ASUS A478 Pro has ExpressGate,
which seems similar. A server we recently put together at the office
also has ExpressGate.

It "works", but I don't spend time there; my primary box is up 24/7,
as it's the nexus for my home network, home theater system and pretty
much all my personal use, too.

I couldn't rate it as good or bad to replace desktop usage, but I
doubt I'd use it much--I need too much control over my tools.