[GRLUG] My $0.02 about the meetings.

Patrick TenHoopen ptenhoopen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:30:47 EST 2009

Make that 10.  I run the West Michigan LUG (www.wmlug.org).  I've tried getting registered on www.linux.org but all my attempts were met with the sound of crickets.

Meetings can be whatever you want them to be.  If you look over the topics we have covered at WMLUG, you will see a variety of things.  Although I've done the majority of presentations, anyone can step up to do one and I've had a lot of people do so.  I do like the idea of having a beginners meeting provided you get beginners to attend!

Next week I am going to be demoing openSUSE 11.2, Fedora 12, and Mandriva Linux 2010, among other things.  Feel free to stop in.  I've invited people on this list at times but the invitation is always open.  I don't think there is anything wrong with more than one group in an area.  After all, choice is part of the opensource lifestyle.

Pat