[GRLUG] Offer to Host Meeting

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:47:15 EST 2009

Three or four years ago Eric H.
would open up a lab at ITT and
let people bring machines, and
just have install fests, and whatever
else people wanted to do.  Others,
like Ron Lauzon, might bring some
new gadget, a  new distribution, and
a stack of CD blanks. John-Thomas once brought
a half dozen hard drives to use for different
installations. Dave X would bring in a
home made projector and fire it up.

Those gatherings seemed popular.

See http://omnibus.bobanna.com/grlug_meet_050305/

March 5, 2005.

The value was in getting a group of
people together, and letting them match
up with something of interest.  People
basically got out of it what they put in
to it, plus the expertise of the others,
and might just resolve some issue or
learn how to do something.

Would that venue be of interest to
people now?  The advantage is that
people can come with issues of interest
to them, and just toss things around.
But for Eric's making his facilities
available, there was a high degree of
informality, and no real need for an overall
agenda.  People each make up their own.

   -- Bob