[GRLUG] SUGAR CRM

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:29:02 EDT 2009

Casey DuBois wrote:
> Hello All,
> After Friday's GRLUG meeting I have a new goal for myself.
> It's time for me to DUMP ACT!!!
> My entire reason for sticking with Microsoft products has been my
> dependency on my ACT Database.
> I'm currently working on setting up SUGAR and need to lean on the
> group's experiences.
>
> Has anyone done a conversion from ACT to SUGAR?
> My biggest fear is loosing data however after several discussions I
> will keep a notebook loaded with my current ACT Database in case I
> absolutely need the info.
>
> Anyone have input for me on what to do and what NOT to do during my migration?
>
> Thanks in advance for your consideration and assistance.
>
> Regards,
> Casey DuBois
> 616-808-6942
> casey at grlug.org

Casey,

Check out this <http://sugardemo.mindtouch.com/MindTouch_Deki_for_CRM>
page and video.  It is a Deki Wiki extension for Sugar.  One idea I had
is start using Sugar how you want, and if we can get your act data
exported as pdf or txt, you can attach the history to the deki page for
the account.

Deki uses apache lucene for its search library, so it also indexes the
attachments to wiki pages.  So if you search for a phone conversation
ragarding "John Euler contract in 1997"  it should come ack with the
right pdf of your archived data.

Steve