[GRLUG] image processing question

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun May 3 13:22:03 EDT 2009

Long story short:
1. I have a bunch of HTML snippets.
2. I've successfully managed to batch-convert them to PostScript using html2ps
3. I can batch-convert them to PNG with ImageMagick, but I wind up
with a tiny snippet of text on a much larger image.

I don't need a PNG that scales out to 8.5x11, or any other constant
size.  What I need is a PNG image that's just large enough to contain
the text.

Now, I could load each image into the GIMP and use the auto-crop tool,
but as you might have guessed by now, my goal is to do everything in
batches. I'm also not real keen on the idea of writing an autocropper
in C, but I'd rather do that before delving into the GIMP's Script Fu
interface.

Is there an way to batch the automatic cropping of such images?