[GRLUG] Status of things

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jul 13 11:41:49 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 11:37 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Adam Tauno
> Williams<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> >> This looks like a good option. I just need Adam and Michael to weigh
> >> in on a Creative Commons License to assign to the video.
> > I'm fine with just about any CDL.  Only thing I wonder is that the
> > document presented is under FDL 1.1,  does the license of the presented
> > document matter?  Ugh, licensing is confusing.
> FDL 1.1 is roughly equivalent to a CC-By-SA license, with the
> additional option of "invariant sections" which would be similar to
> being licensed CC-By-SA-ND.
> Inline "Citing" an FDL documentation is generally allowed, but
> wholesale copying generally isn't.  The best approach in this case
> would probably be to drop the recorded video and overlay the original
> presentation imagery that actually got used (i.e. wasn't skipped
> over), but retain the recorded audio.
> And, of course, identify the document and its URL.
> The FDL has been an annoying pain in the butt for me on Rosetta Code;
> I will never recommend it to anyone.  I only used it because that's
> what Wikipedia used, and even they are getting headaches as a result.

I'm the copyright holder - I can relicense it!  And I'm not opposed to
doing so.  I just always clearly state a copyright and a license due to
the fact that originally I didn't and subsequently was notified of a
college professor using my presentations in his class and claiming them
as his.... Oh the fun!

All I want for presentations is some attribution.