[GRLUG] Status of things

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:37:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Adam Tauno
Williams<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
>> This looks like a good option. I just need Adam and Michael to weigh
>> in on a Creative Commons License to assign to the video.
>
> I'm fine with just about any CDL.  Only thing I wonder is that the
> document presented is under FDL 1.1,  does the license of the presented
> document matter?  Ugh, licensing is confusing.

FDL 1.1 is roughly equivalent to a CC-By-SA license, with the
additional option of "invariant sections" which would be similar to
being licensed CC-By-SA-ND.

Inline "Citing" an FDL documentation is generally allowed, but
wholesale copying generally isn't.  The best approach in this case
would probably be to drop the recorded video and overlay the original
presentation imagery that actually got used (i.e. wasn't skipped
over), but retain the recorded audio.

And, of course, identify the document and its URL.

The FDL has been an annoying pain in the butt for me on Rosetta Code;
I will never recommend it to anyone.  I only used it because that's
what Wikipedia used, and even they are getting headaches as a result.