[GRLUG] VirtualBox question (Bill Littlejohn)

Lee Forest lee8oi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:20:44 EST 2009

pretty sure I seen where you were trying to go with the factory
install on VirtualBox deal. The answer seems clear to me, but also
seems to sound more complicated then it really needs to be. Basically
you make a copy of your hard disk partition and put it on a usb
drive....load the Virtual enviroment with a liveCD since you obviously
won't have an OS yet. restore the partition from the USB to the
virtual machine. If you don't have a boot loader, you can chroot into
the enviroment and do a grub install and you should be good to go.
This is my measley two cents too late, but I've been playing with
virtualbox all night and it all came clear to me this morning :D