[GRLUG] Attn: Linux experience != server admin experience

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:20:34 EST 2009

Some headhunter sent me an email yesterday about a position that would
have me administering a 200-server RHEL cluster.  The only thing I can
think of is that I recently updated my SourceForge profile to reflect
that I've been using Linux for ten years. (SF asks what operating
systems you're familiar with, and how long you've used them.)

For one, I've been using Debian or Debian-derived distros almost
exclusively.  For two, I've only been the primary for a production
server for a relatively short while.

(BTW...if anyone wants a forwarded copy of the email, let me know.  I
won't spam the list with it...)