[GRLUG] Upgrading Firefox

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 23:55:01 EDT 2009

Michael Mol wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM, john-thomas richards<jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:

>>> "Just because Mark Shuttleworth is a successful businessman and is In
>>> Charge of Canonical, which holds the Ubuntu name, doesn't mean that
>>> he's technically apt enough to produce a distro put together well from
>>> a technical perspective."
>>>
>> Really?  *That's* what he said?  Hah.
>>

> Well, there's some potential ambiguity; I think his phone may have
> autocompleted or autocorrected a couple words.  I'm not sure what
> "loco" referred to, but the technical prowess attributed to the
> sabdafl would equate to the technical prowess attributed to Mark
> Shuttleworth, who's known to apply his money to causes, yet still
> manages to make money.
>
> In hindsight, it seems I didn't interpret the "yes, but we know
> better" wink-wink-nudge-nudge bit, though.

Hello, guys.  Now at a proper keyboard.  I have a terrible habit of
using too many acronyms and references that I assume would be
understood.  When you lose the LUG you know your gone too far.  :)

I didn't mean to escalate this.  I understand Adam was kidding.  So am I.

I was referring to the Ubuntu LoCo groups for the fanboy reference from
Adam.  I probably fall in that group (of fanboy).  It is the distro
d'jour for me.  Well, I like many of its derivatives.  I currently have
machines with #!, Mint, and 64-bit Ubuntu.

There are warts, but I can deal with them.  Most of my issues I think
are more app issues than what I would attribute to distro breakage.
gPodder, as much as I love it is becoming my new app to struggle with.

There are a whole lotta kernel upgrades in the ubuntu env.  Doesn't
bother me too much.  I mainly use laptops, so they are always within a
few hours from a reboot.  Don't run any servers at home right now.