[GRLUG] Incoming mail problem

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sat Aug 22 13:58:43 EDT 2009

At 01:31 PM 8/22/2009 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:11:13AM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> > Question - is there any possible way that email arriving from an
> > 'outside' server could be processed differently? Is there any way that the
> > encoding, for example, be different between an outside server and one
> > internal?
>
>Are the mail clients different?  I had a problem matching once, and it
>turned out that the sender was using a special UTF encoding where there
>was no plain text to match.

Not using a mail client, .. the 'processing' is parsing the script for a
match string - in this case:

qq(server.domainvend.com/Order.aspx)

The match misses when an email first arrives, yet I can forward the same
email back to that alias from any server here and it works just fine. My
only theory is that the Windoze script is embedding CRLFs that get
converted to NLs saving locally, .. but I think the pattern *should* with
with either, I think.

>Make the script save the messages directly to files and compare the
>inside and outside with a plain text comparison tool like diff.

Got that setup, .. won't see any emails until next week, however.

         TTFR!

         Lee