[GRLUG] Incoming mail problem

Jeff DeFouw jeffd at i2k.com
Sat Aug 22 13:31:13 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:11:13AM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Question - is there any possible way that email arriving from an
> 'outside' server could be processed differently? Is there any way that the
> encoding, for example, be different between an outside server and one
> internal?

Are the mail clients different?  I had a problem matching once, and it
turned out that the sender was using a special UTF encoding where there
was no plain text to match.

Make the script save the messages directly to files and compare the
inside and outside with a plain text comparison tool like diff.

--
Jeff DeFouw <jeffd at i2k.com>