[GRLUG] gmailfs question

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:15:20 EDT 2009

Steve Romanow wrote:
> Bob Kline wrote:
>>>
>> Re checkbox, that helps.  Gets me
>> down to "thousands."
>>
>>     -- Bob
>>

> I guess another interesting question is "Does gmail ever really delete
> an email?"

Sure.  You go to the "Archived" section, click on an email, and click
Delete.

Normally, when you're done with a message, you (optionally) tag it, and
then archive it.

I don't usually bother deleting; Even with occasionally large
attachments, I'm only using 1.3GB of my available space.  I wouldn't
have started using GMail at all if I had to delete things to make space
for them; That was the primary turn-off for me for every other available
webmail service that was available at the time.  You could get 10MB
free, maybe 20MB.  GMail was announced on April Fools Day, with a
starting mailbox size of 1GB.