[GRLUG] comcast tiers (tears actually)

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:32:57 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Im actually going the other way.  Cut both my tv and net to "economy"
>> tier from Comcast.  1M net and 20 channels.  ~$40/month.  Works for me,
>> just won't be downloading any iso's from home :)
>

> Probably the sensible direction.
>
> Given what's (not) on TV today,  you
> could probably do as well with a 765 Kbps
> DSL link and save even more....
>
>    -- Bob

We have the 768K DSL from ATT and Comcast's barebones cable (15 channels?).
With a TiVo recording anything interesting, we always TV to watch and most
of the time downloads aren't too painful. However, it does get slow if my
wife and I are both watching YouTube videos at the same time.

--
 Ben Rousch
 brousch at gmail.com
 http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/