[GRLUG] Tech blog

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:49:00 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
>>  was planning on hosting them.  But if you'd like, I should be able
>> to set it up to import your blog entries from an RSS feed.
>
> I'd be more interested in a aggregator that posting yet-another-place.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to stick to that
approach.  Nothing stops folks from setting up multiple blogger
accounts, so having one's own blog dedicated to the aggregator is
trivial, and it lets me dump comment-managing responsibilities to the
maintainers of the aggregated blogs. (reCAPTCHA works well for Rosetta
Code's blog, but it's not completely hands-off, as I still should
check the ham/spam bins to make sure nothing got screwed up.)

Incidentally, this lets anyone act in "official GRLUG capacity" as far
as announcing that they'll host a meeting, etc.

I would also like to recommend that folks look into getting an account
with an OpenID service provider, as most of the major blogging
services support them for auth, which obviates the need to set up
accounts to comment on most blogs.  I use freeyourid.com.  I've got it
set up to call my cell phone as part of the auth process, which is a
nice bit of added security.