[GRLUG] Debian / HDD Install Linux?

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:56:09 EDT 2008

'I'd be complaining, Debian (Sid) FTW!"

As long as you can: `apt-get extremetuxracer`  (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux_Racer )

Never used Debian, I know its one of the older 'modern' Linux distro's  -
but didn't I mention I was lazy? - typing 'installgui' at the bootloader is
a bit too much for me. hehehe

Does anyone do GUI development in Linux out there?
Python is my friend but I don't know where to get started with writing or
creating X stuff - can anyone share their experience?

Slashdot - psshh IRC!  - hey openGL has been FOSS'D! yay! ok Slashdot.

HDD Install ?
My buddy has a Toshiba Tablet (yes that was his first mistake)
It has NO cd-rom drive, and doesn't support USB Booting.
There is currently no OS on the system.
Toshiba's way of re-installing an OS is through an SD card -->
It supports PXE Booting,
I can place the HDD in a usb enclosure and install / modify the file system
in away way I want from another PC.
A lot of the installers out there say that you can just paste the contents
of their installer onto a fat32 / ext2 partition and wallaa - but I've tried
several different distro's and I just get -->
GRUB:  (no blinking cursor, the computer acts hardware locked)
Ideas?