[GRLUG] GRCC

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:12:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 15:04 -0400, Ben DeMott wrote:
> I contacted Eric Mullen (the student life director at GRCC) about a
> month ago.
> I asked him about the status of the computer club, and if they need
> any Mentors or people to help out.
> He recently emailed me back and said the computer club was up in the
> air at the moment, but he wanted to stay in contact.
> I thought I would ask here if that interests anyone or if anyone has
> any input as far as being involved with the Local College.

This is pretty vague.  What do they want to do?  What are they
interested in? etc....  A guy at barcamp said the GRCC computer club was
essentially moribund as far as he knew (I attended GRCC back in the days
of UUCP and Yggdrasil).

> We could possibly come to some mutual understanding, or it could give
> us an alternate place to meet?

I was in contact with someone (don't remember who) at GRCC awhile back
about a meeting place for MOSG <http://www.mosg.org/>.  They were
interesting in providing a meeting place, but only during the day, which
pretty much ruled out participation of any group members (that whole
"jobs" thing).