[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Rick Vargo rick at vargo.org
Wed Nov 19 14:48:48 EST 2008

Unfortunately with todays technology you are going to have to spend a
few hours at the recharging station if you are on a trip with an all
electric car. This is it's big drawback. Ultra-capacitors will rectify
this...

If anybody is interested. All current non flex-fuel cars can run up to
50% alcohol/gasoline mixture without hurting their cars and for a couple
hundred dollar computer add-on, can run 100% alcohol fuel (or 100%
gasoline if on a trip). Then you can get a simple permit to make your
own E85 fuel in your back yard. It ends up costing about $1 a gallon for
fuel and you are not paying the oil companies a cent. Check out
http://www.alcoholisagas.com/

Rick