[GRLUG] Comcast and blocking port 25 delivery

Don Wood dond at standalelumber.com
Wed Nov 12 15:29:34 EST 2008

> My opinion:  I'm glad they're blocking it.  It's about time.  It's so
> easy for businesses to configure an alternate port for people who
> legitimately need to email from home (ideally with some encryption and
> authentication), and anything that can alleviate some of the
> robo-drone spam crap out there on the Internet can't be a bad thing.
> I'm guessing Comcast's network is one of the biggest offenders in that
> department.
>
> Makes me happy.  Comcast is doing something right for a change.
>
> Ben

While I agree to a certain extent, I don't like poking new holes in my
firewall. I don't like changing things that are working unless necessary. I
also don't like patching software to be on the bleeding edge as if it breaks
something I have 80 users po'd at me for someone else's ineptitude. You get
the picture. It's changing the structure of things and it just means
something new for people to figure out. Yunno?