[GRLUG] Joint Meeting :- GR-LUG and GR-JUG

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:04:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Carlus Henry <carlushenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the interest to have a good meeting, I would like to get some feedback
> and thoughts from you on what you would like to see from a joint meeting of
> our respective groups.  Should we have a formal presentation style meeting
> or should we have a more workshop style?  What topics should we discuss?

I didn't  realize there was a GRJUG, so you at least got one new recruit
(me) out of this proposal.

As for discussion topics, I would suggest starting with a presentation on
where Java and Linux intersect, and all of the software Sun has been open
sourcing lately. You could also present on the many Java programs for Linux:
Eclipse, Netbeans, Tomcat, and Glassfish co0me immediately to mind.