[GRLUG] (no subject)

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu May 1 12:27:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:10:05PM -0400, Bill_Raterink at spartanstores.com wrote:
> OK,  Obviously I'm not the communicator that I thought I was.... my
> bad....
>
> Here's some parting shots (at me) before I finally let this
> go.....sometimes I am helpful TO A FAULT...
>
> Proffessor-
>
> I'm sorry.  The "breaka you face" line, is a slang term used in hollywood
> mafia movies to warn people of impending pain.
> I should have been more cogniciant of your english slang knowledge base.
> It won't happen again.
>
> Tim-
>
> I'm sorry you don't consider the "Users GROUP" as a single unit.  Doesn't
> the group at least have an informal if not formal charter, to foster the
> acceptance of Linux, & to increase it's user base. I realize group
> dynamics can't be totally void of personal agendas, but at least in the
> GROUP setting, I thought by deffinition, they should play a subordinate
> role.  I'm glad you help where you can, but in your email, you made it
> sound as though you were part of only a small minority.  I doubt that's
> the case & hence, that whole "benefit of the doubt" thing.  ;-)
>
> George-
> "yoeman service" ?  I doubt  it.   I'm just a ol' phart that likes to butt
> in where he thinks he can offer an idea that maybe others have missed...
> NOT because anybody ASK for his opinion.  If I wait till they ask, it'd be
> too late, they would have already made "a horrible mistake".
> Yeah, my wife rolls her eyes like that, too.  ;-)

Bill,

You have acknowledged that you are new to mailing lists.  You have
responded to three separate posts in one email.  This is not a good
idea.  When I got to the "George" paragraph above I had no idea what you
were talking about - until I closed your email and saw, further down in
the thread, an email from George.  Please reply to each email directly
rather than aggregating them.  It messes up threading and makes
following an extended conversation with multiple subthreads very
difficult.

[snip]

> Now, having blabbed waaaaay more that I'd intended...   WHAT exactly is a
> BSOD?  How do I know if mine is failing, about to fail, or if I even have
> one at all?   Thanks.  Feel free to email me if you don't see the need to
> burden the entire GRLUG board with the answer.  Thanks.

It means "Blue Screen Of Death" that often appears when a Windows
machine crashes.  I am sure you have seen it; blue background with
grayish text of an odd assortment of letters and digits that offers
practically zero information to the average user.
--
john-thomas
------