[GRLUG] Free DELL with several VIRUS'

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Wed Mar 19 10:40:20 EDT 2008

Casey DuBois wrote:
> The install went well and I wiped the drive.
> The next step is to plug into my network...
> Is there a way for me to verify that NO BIOS virus exists before plugging into my network?
> Or would a BIOS flash take care of that?
>
> Casey

Was this a new machine?

Are bios virus's common?  I never concerned myself with them.  Just
Wondering

It seems to be a few years old (P4, 512MB, 40GB).

I had not considered a BIOS virus till someone mentioned it.

>From the sounds of it I shouldn't worry about it?

My concern is for all of the Windows machines on my network.

Casey

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachment contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachment from your system.