[GRLUG] Fussy Optical Drive [probably hardware]

JD Walsh III jd.walsh at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 06:06:09 EDT 2008

Raymond--

It sounds like you're right (as are all the others who suggested this).
My natural tendency is to want to diagnose and fix the problem, but
sometimes it's a more effective use of my time (and money, since my time
is valuable) to simply let it go and replace the parts.

Still, it's good to confirm that it probably is hardware, as I thought.
Thanks.

--jd