[GRLUG] Freebies & Server OS question

Rich Nagel networkman at triton.net
Thu Jul 31 12:30:39 EDT 2008

First off, to those that I responded to with freebie switches - I still have 'em, and want to get them to you.  But my truck's brakes decided to go out this past Monday, so I've been bumming rides from friends.  Hope to get it back for the weekend, and will contact you. :)

Second, I have a Dell 6400 PowerEdge server with (4) P3 Xeon 700 processors & 8 Gig of ram.  I'd like to get a Linux OS on it that will be able to take advantage of all the processors and address all the ram.  Bear in mind, that I'm still somewhat new to Linux.  Any suggestions?  I've been reading over "CentOS" - www.centos.org  but haven't decided whether to download yet or not.

Thanks in advance,
Rich