[GRLUG] ohloh - open source app site I was discussing

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:08:28 EST 2008

I new I would think of it.

ohloh.net is the one we were comparing to sourceforge and freshmeat.

THis site doesnt host any projects, they just measure stats.

I love the Project COst stat.  They calc the cost (i.e. value) of a
project by sloc based on if you were to hire a team to write it.

They estimate Subversion at over 5M dollars to rewrite.
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/1?p=Subversion

There is also a tag cloud to show projects that may be similar or
compete with said project.

http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/06/07/17/0622244.shtml

Strange that it is founded by ex-MSFT team members.  Oh well, maybe
they've seen the light.