[GRLUG] ISP Review

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Wed Dec 3 18:18:54 EST 2008

> My experience:
> Iserv - quality service, quick break to fix response, low latency,
> fewest hops to my end user through their network
> ISG - slow service, acceptable latency, most hops to my end user through
> their network
> TDS - dirt cheap (considering going this route, concerned about network
> quality/service and customer service.)
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> -Paul

I've been on TDS for years. Only once was I down and they are easy to
talk to. Never had latency problems, good throughput. Except the cheep
routers they give out, I have nothing but good things to say about them.
I had NO incoming ports blocked but port 25 is blocked on outbound, had
to relay through them but non authenticated so its easy to setup a linux
box to send through them.

Dave