[GRLUG] Hostile Attitudes

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed Apr 30 18:53:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 14:36 -0400, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Professor Inuyasha
> >  <profinuyasha at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  reason why I said shadda up because I dont like they said linux is
> >  >  better than windows,
> >
> >  Perhaps not the best idea on a Linux user group mailing list.
> >
> >  How can I relate this to something else...  "like walking into a biker
> >  bar and yelling 'harleys suck!'...  then asking for help".
> >
> >  --tim
> >

> In total agreement with you here Tim.
>
> I just wish that instead of responding like a bunch of bikers(O.K. we
> weren't really that bad) we could have ignored his rudeness and helped
> him.
>
> In the end he got some really good advice and a place he could get
> some more help.  I guess it was the elitist attitude and extra

This list is NO WHERE NEAR the Linux Elitists list in attitude, nor is
it even on the map compared to the Crack Monkey List (God bless its poor
troubled soul). (Crack Monkey was an Elitist, Elitists list)

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2