[GRLUG] Hostile Attitudes

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:19:27 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is true that the hostilities started with the Prof.  I am not sure
>  exactly what he/she was trying to put forth with the whole "oh shadda
>  up!" business.  Was he trying to be funny, insulting ...  I don't
>  know.  I don't think he/she is a native english speaker.
>
>  I don't think, however, that responding in kind is appropriate.
>
>  If he insulted you then stop helping him and delete the e-mail.

So, re-reading through the thread, perhaps the most 'in kind' reply I
could find is from me:

----
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Professor Inuyasha
<profinuyasha at gmail.com> wrote:
> oh shadda up!
>
>  I need know how to stop BSOD on windows because I'm running games on
>  windows......

And I care why?
----

Which is a legitimate question.  Bluntly phrased, sure.  But the
normal motivation for fixing these sorts of issues isn't present
(Linux isn't involved), so I'm literally asking him to make his case.
What is my (our) motivation to help?

Were you thinking of some other post?

Again, I fail to see where anyone crossed the line.

--tim