[GRLUG] Hostile Attitudes

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Wed Apr 30 13:48:00 EDT 2008

Tim Schmidt wrote:
> I'm sorry...  I read through the thread and see fairly polite
> explanations of why this probably isn't the right place to ask such a
> question, how and where to ask such questions, and even some possible
> solutions - despite some hostility and an apparent sense of
> entitlement on the part of the person asking the question.
>
> I don't understand how such useful and, frankly, tolerant responses disturb you.
>
> --tim

I think that you may be suffering from temporary blindness. I thought
that people's attitudes towards the original poster seemed somewhat sour
from the get go. Yes, he escalated the situation even worse thereafter.
But it started with smart alec comments from pro-linux people first. He
asked a legitimate question which could have been answered simply
enough. It should have made people feel good that the original poster
trusted the technical expertise of the people on this list. I guess
he'll think twice on that theory from now on...