[GRLUG] Hostile Attitudes

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:38:37 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com> wrote:
> The recent request for some geek help seems to have hit a bad nerve
>  with some of you.  This isn't the first nerve that has come under
>  direct stimulation in the recent past.  I am becoming increasingly
>  disturbed at some of the unhelpful and negative comments we are
>  getting on the list.  Would I be over stepping my bounds if I ask that
>  if you don't have anything to nice to say, don't say anything at all?

I'm sorry...  I read through the thread and see fairly polite
explanations of why this probably isn't the right place to ask such a
question, how and where to ask such questions, and even some possible
solutions - despite some hostility and an apparent sense of
entitlement on the part of the person asking the question.

I don't understand how such useful and, frankly, tolerant responses disturb you.

--tim