[GRLUG] Xen

Ben Rousch brousch at orthicomp.net
Sat Apr 5 10:42:36 EDT 2008

----- "David Szostek" <dave at uvhosting.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Consider a server with a 4TB RAID5 volume of SATA drives and a 450GB
> RAID 5 volume of 15k SCSI drives.
>
> When creating a guest domain in Xen, we specify the main storage for
> it on the 4TB volume when we create it.
>
> We would also like to allow this guest domain some storage on the
> 450GB volume.
>
> How would this be accomplished? Anyone have any ideas? Google hasn't
> been very helpful (though my search terms could suck too).
>
> Thanks much!
> ~dave

I'm not very familiar with Xen and how it differs from VMWare. In VMWare you create virtual disk drives, so you would create a drive on the 4TB volume which is mounted as / in the guest OS and then create a drive on the 450GB volume which gets mounted as /mnt/awesome. The guest's user can then stick whatever they want in the main volume or in /mnt/awesome as they desire.
--
  -- Ben Rousch