[GRLUG] Comcast and net neutrality

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:18:11 EDT 2007

I did that yesterday.  Congress has been
slow to act on net neutrality legislation,
making me think they are in the back
pocket of the industry on this issue too.
Industry says legislation is unnecessary,
which suggest it wouldn't hurt then either.

But it's what we can do.  I'd like to see the
tax payers have their own backbone fibers,
that can be used by private ISPs,  but not
controlled.

Of course the tax payers have Internet2 - not
to be confused with Internet 2.  A high speed
Internet backbone that only gov't labs and
schools can use.  It's been around for 8 years
that I know of,  and is supposedly a vehicle
for researching high speed networks.  That part
I think is a crock, and doubt that it will ever be
opened up to ordinary tax payers.  Too much
fun the way things are...  :-(

    -Bob