[GRLUG] Poll: Linux interests and availability

Bill Pribble Bill.Pribble at Haworth.com
Mon May 7 15:08:02 EDT 2007

> In the interest in having meetings targeted at appropriate audiences
> at appropriate times, I'd like to ask a few questions.
>
> 1. Are you interested in Linux for personal or professional purposes?

Both. I use fedora core 6 as a workstation at work and at home.  We have
a few Red Hat Enterprise 3 and 4 servers at work.  I am interested in
getting completely away from MS for personal use and learn more
professionally.  I am an HP-UX/AIX administrator learning Linux.

> 2. What do you use Linux for?

Workstation at home and at work.  Scripting, web server, reverse proxy
server. Postfix mail gateway. I am not currently into gaming, though
would like to look into it on Linux.

> 3. What kinds of meeting times would be most suitable for your
> schedule?  Weekends? Weekdays?  Business hours?

Any time 8 -5 weekdays, I can usually get away from work for a users
meeting.  On the weekends, later in the afternoon on a Sat or Sun. My
weekday evenings are hit and miss with my kids activities.

> 4. Are you interested in meetings primarily for topical presentations,
> or are you more interested in question-answer periods and one-on-one
> discussion?

Both options are fine with me.

Thanks
Bill Pribble