[GRLUG] Poll: Linux interests and availability

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:53:38 EDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the interest in having meetings targeted at appropriate audiences
> at appropriate times, I'd like to ask a few questions.
>
> 1. Are you interested in Linux for personal or professional purposes?

Current needs are primarily for personal use.  Professional use will come later.

> 2. What do you use Linux for?

Browsing, hobby coding, schoolwork, webmastering.  Some games.  A
little video editing.

> 3. What kinds of meeting times would be most suitable for your
> schedule?  Weekends? Weekdays?  Business hours?

Evenings and weekends are least likely to conflict with my work
schedule this summer.

> 4. Are you interested in meetings primarily for topical presentations,
> or are you more interested in question-answer periods and one-on-one
> discussion?

I prefer group discussion and Q/A periods.  Presentations targeted at
professional use are somewhat hit-and-miss for me.