[GRLUG] GRLUG meetings

John Harig radiodurans at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 19:28:40 EDT 2007

I have an idea . . . why doesn't everyone who wants to
have a meeting write in a two hour window when they
would ideally like to have the meeting and if possible
write down two alternative times.  The times from 1-3
would be assigned values from 1 to 6, and the sum of
1-3 not to exceed 6.  and then in list 2 you put down
the times you can't come or it is difficult to come
and assign those values from -1 to -6 not to exceed
-6.

list 1 (not to exceed +6)
---
1)
2)
3)

list 2 (not to exceed -6)
------
A)
B)
C)

example 1:  The only time I want to come is Wednesdays
from 6 - 8pm, and I definitely cant come Friday
nights.

list 1 (not to exceed +6)
---
1) Wed 6-8pm, +6
2)
3)

list 2 (not to exceed -6)
------
A) Friday 5 - 10pm, -6
B)
C)

example 2:  I live in my parent's basement playing
doom and am free whenever . . . no need to respond

list 1 (not to exceed +6)
---
1)
2)
3)

list 2 (not to exceed -6)
------
A)
B)
C)

example 3:  I'm free Tues, Thurs. and Sat.  6-8pm,
would prefer Tuesdays, Definitely can't make it Sun.
7 - 9pm, and it would be difficult Mon 6- 8pm , or
Wed. 5 - 7 pm

list 1 (not to exceed +6)
---
1) Tues 6-8pm, +3
2) Thurs 6-8pm, +2
3) Sat 6-8pm, +1

list 2 (not to exceed -6)
------
A)Sun 7-9pm, -3
B)Mon 6-8pm, -2
C)Wed 5-7pm, -1

Then you can just add everything up and at least what
seems to work and what doesnt work.  You would only
need to submit if there were times that really worked
well or didn't work at all.

So my actual list looks like this:

list 1 (not to exceed +6)
---