[GRLUG] What is Linux ?

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:30:11 EDT 2007

Michael Mol wrote:
> To me, Linux is the ability to ultimately control everything my
> computer does.

This is the main reason why I made the move to Linux.  The last
Microsoft product I paid money for was Windows 2000.  It continued a
trend that I saw with all Microsoft products that I didn't like: namely,
Microsoft thought that they owned my computer and could tell me how,
when, where I could/couldn't do things with it.

I saw Windows XP only continue that trend and knew that it would get
worse - and I was right (proof: Windows Vista).

Now, with Mandriva, *I* control what my computer does.  What systems my
computer trusts.  How my computer works.

After all, it's *MY* computer.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007